Become part of a strong voice of retired and current educational personnel. Have concerns? Get involved!
The Virginia Retired Teachers Association (VRTA) -- a member of the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA), Division of AARP -- is a nonprofit organization of retired and current educational personnel who have had responsibility in the educational process. For now 80 years, the VRTA has remained a strong voice on legislative issues that seek to ensure quality public education and that protect the security of the Virginia Retirement System. Insurance programs are available at discounted rates, which are especially helpful in retirement planning.
Spring Delegate Assembly CANCELLED
due to the pandemic effects of the coronavirus
check for important upcoming due dates
Attention District and Unit RTA Presidents
Here are 2 choices for recruitment posters you may wish to use in your local areas. Both can be personalized with your contact information. Download either or both. Places like Staples or the UPS store can make copies for you. UPS may have the best rate for copies but you know where you may have the best relationship and costs in your area. VRTA suggests you may want to place these flyers where retired educators would see them; grocery stores, public libraries, restaurants, schools, etc.. VRTA hopes we can attract new members with the placement of these flyers. Thanks for all of your efforts on behalf of VRTA.
What the VRTA stands for
- To promote the general welfare of retired educational personnel;
- To act for the membership in areas of vital interest;
- To cooperate with NRTA Division of the AARP and other associations of retired people;
- To provide the means of the interchange of information, ideas, and opinions;
- To assist district and local units of VRTA in their activities; and
- To encourage the utilization of the talents, skills, judgment, and experience of retired educations through participation in meaningful community, area, and statewide service activities.
"All retired school personnel will be safe, productive, informed and financially secure in retirement."
"To be the voice, resource and connection for all retired school personnel."