“To serve, not to be served.”
Celebrating 87 Years
Stay up to date!
View our newsletters or Facebook page for that latest photos and happenings.
The Virginia Retired Teachers Association (VRTA) — a member of the National Retired Teachers Association (NRTA), Division of AARP — is a nonprofit organization of retired and current educational personnel who have had responsibility in the educational process. For now 87 years, the VRTA has remained a strong voice on legislative issues that seek to ensure quality public education and that protect the security of the Virginia Retirement System. Insurance programs are available at discounted rates, which are especially helpful in retirement planning.
What VRTA Endeavors to Do
- To promote the general welfare of retired educational personnel;
- To act for the membership in areas of vital interest;
- To cooperate with NRTA Division of the AARP and other associations of retired people;
- To provide the means of the interchange of information, ideas, and opinions;
- To assist district and local units of VRTA in their activities; and
- To encourage the utilization of the talents, skills, judgment, and experience of retired educations through participation in meaningful community, area, and statewide service activities.
“All retired school personnel will be safe, productive, informed and financially secure in retirement.”
“To be the voice, resource and connection for all retired school personnel.”
Meet Our Officers
The VRTA at a Glance document provides helpful information about the Virginia Retired Teachers Association to prospective members, members, legislators, and anyone else who has a question about this organization.
VRTA at a Glance
2023 VRTA Spring Delegate Assembly
The VRTA Spring Delegate Assembly will be held April 17-19, 2023, at DoubleTree Hotel in Midlothian, Virginia
Browse these additions to our site. They may be updates, job opportunities, and other various resources posted as desired.